Monday, April 29, 2013

Just 5 more days till the big SALE!



Mommies and Daddies, Grandmas and Grandpas, Aunts and Uncles: it’s the weekend we’ve all been waiting for!  The amazing biannual extravaganza, The Parent Talk Sale!  I moved to Needham almost four and a half years ago.  I was very pregnant with my first child and I was strolling down Rosemary Street one Saturday morning when I came across an amazing sight-  strollers, changing tables, cradles, baby swings…. I wandered in, checked out some of the price tags, and felt a decidedly excited kick inside my stomach!

As all parents know, the miracle of every stage of development is only matched by how quickly our children move out of that stage and onto the next.  As a mommy/friend once told me, “an exersaucer is absolutely necessary for a very short period of time.”  That being said, I feel the need to give a shout out to the whole concept of the Parent Talk Sale.  In Needham and the surrounding Boston suburbs, what feels like the young child capitol of the world at times, there seem to be equal numbers of people dying to clean out their garages and attics by finding homes for outgrown clothes and equipment and parents looking to stock up for all stages of early childhood and not break the bank in the process.  It’s nothing short of brilliant in its simplicity.

Now that I’ve given my two cents on the whole idea of the Parent Talk Sale, I have breaking news: I have had a sneak peek into the Parent Talk Sale storage pod!  I know, I know- it’s exciting.  And I’m going to give you a sneak peek too.  The pod boasts incredible finds for all stages of development.  There is an almost new glider in there, several copies of “What to Expect When You’re Expecting,” and some super cute maternity dresses.  There are changing tables, high chairs, boppys, and lots of adorable clothes.  Some of the outfits are new or barely used!  There is a mini-playground for toddlers with a small swing and slide.  There are Sesame Street toys, including a great Elmo guitar.  There are scooters, trucks, books, and puzzles.  There is a see-saw that would make an amazing addition to any home play area!  (I know- we have one and the kids use it all the time.) The donations will keep rolling in until Friday night, so there will be awesome finds that aren’t even on our radar yet.  If you are a parent, or a soon-to-be parent, and your child is growing at an unbelievable rate (that’s all of us!), this is the sale for you.  And- this is particularly juicy inside information for those of you new to the sale- if you volunteer, you get to shop a day early, and you get first dibs on all the amazing stuff. I know for a fact that the 1-3pm shift on Saturday still has some openings. So come to the Parent Talk Sale this Saturday, May 4th!  As Fancy Nancy would say, you will be absolutely ecstatic that you did.

Written by Kara Veley

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments! If you have any questions about making comments here, please visit our Rules of Engagement page.

Printer Friendly